Student Service Leadership
Teacher: Amber Buchele
Class Fee: FREE
Fees: $75/ quarter
Student Leadership will be gearing up for college readiness this year. We will begin by reading Sean Covey’s book the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens.
Along with these seven habits, this class will help your student learn to develop the leadership skills of servant leadership, decision-making, effective communication, goal setting, organization and time management.
Throughout the year each student is required to:
- work on the Huck 2018-2019 Yearbook
- complete 10 hours of community service work *per term
- present a speech
- assist during Huck special events (holidays, movie nights, open houses, etc.)
- host an event for teens
- host an event for youth
- run a business (pizza week)
- be a role model for all students at HuckleBerry.
During the Spring term we will have exclusive access to Dr. Steven Mercer, Educational Consultant, who will visit us on two/three separate occasions to create a college awareness culture in our classroom. We will also be joined by our Fearless Leader and Executive Director, Stephanie Berry for a series of seminars on what it means to be a leader.
In the Winter and Spring months we will have exclusive access to Dr. Steven Mercer, Educational Consultant, who will guide our student’s in making their preliminary college decisions.
Winter Quarter Highlights:
- Movie night #2
- Valentine’s Day
- Pizza weeks (1/29-2/1, 2/26-3/1)
Spring Quarter Highlights:
- Movie Night #3
- Pizza weeks (4/23-4/26, 5/21-5/24)
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Parent’s Week
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Exhibition Night