Mastering the Fundamentals of Writing
teacher: Marsha Bradbury
Mat Fees: $20
Class Fees: $256 or $64/month for 4 months
Any student having difficulty moving forward in writing would benefit greatly from taking this “Mastering the Fundamentals of Writing” workshop. Does your child struggle with neatness in penmanship … write fragments instead of sentences … use commas where not needed … frequently misspell words … have difficulty identifying verbs or other parts of speech … or have problems constructing a paragraph? If so, this is the class to take! Geared for the student who needs strengthening in these basics of writing, this class will prepare your child with the necessary tools to succeed and gain confidence in writing. (Parental involvement is essential for the goals of this class to be achieved, This necessary requirement involves a willingness to commit to checking your child’s work on a regular (daily preferred) basis.)
Workshop will include:
* Cursive writing
* Organizational skills in creating and maintaining a binder and recording homework
* What is a sentence, anyway? “Uh-oh, watch out for those fragments and run-ons!”
* Capitalization and punctuation rules. “Now why is that comma there?”
* Grammar -- Can you give me a verb? An adjective? Pronoun? Etc…..
* Some spelling (phonics primarily) -- including spelling assessment
* What is a paragraph?
* Introduce some of the IEW stylistic techniques
* Shurley English English Made Easy Student Textbook Level 3
(2007) ISBN 9781585610990
* Shurley English English Made Easy Student Workbook Level 3
(2007) ISBN 9781585611072
You can find this on or at
* Oral Language book (will be provided by the teacher for a $10
deposit to be refunded when book is returned at end of
* Three-ring binder with dividers labeled: Penmanship, Grammar, Spelling, Oral
Language, and Finished work
* Folder for keeping work in progress.
Teacher: Marsha Bradbury
California Teaching Credential in Multiple Subjects
IEW Registered Instructor
Day/Time: Wednesdays, 1-2:30 p.m.
Location: Huckleberry Creative Learning Center
Valencia United Methodist Church, 25718 McBean Pkwy, Valencia, California 91355
Material. fee: $20.00
Contact info: (818) 517-0938 or email at